Old May 8th 19, 06:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Smith

Default ASW-20 B GEAR WARNING SYSTEM

Many years ago I fitted a magnetic reed switch system to my glider. I glued
and taped the magnet onto the undercarriage operating arm and located the
reed in a convenient location. This system worked well. I do not own the
glider now but I suspect it is still functioning. Probably would not be
allowed to carry out such a modification now in Europe due to EASA rules.
Regards. Mike

At 21:26 07 May 2019, wrote:
A clip that moves from the gear handle to the spoiler handle is another

short term option.
UH

A really cheap hair clip (2 for $1.79 at Walmart) works well, but it's

not
the strongest. Anyone have a recommendation for something a little more
stout?

Chip Bearden