Old July 18th 19, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Seeking head rest for ASW-20C - or a cheap chiropracter : )

On Thursday, July 18, 2019 at 8:43:08 AM UTC-4, Delta8 wrote:
Dan Colton;995156 Wrote:
I love my ASW-20C but one thing is missing. A baby soft fuzzy headreast
to lean into against those full-rack black-out pull ups, and barf your
guts red-out push overs. I need one of those soft lams wool pillows
attached to a decent frame to configure the perfect head rest. Does
anyone has a lead? Is anyone selling a damaged ASW-20 for parts and has
a great headres. Is anyone a lexus parking lot attendant and has
access to ..... I won't tell..

DC

Until you find the perfect headrest roll up a piece of memory foam.
Works for me .

--
Delta8

The issue with memory foam is it gets very hard at cold temps. But you don't want to use something bouncy that will cause your head to rebound if you crash. I'm using some foam (type unknown) that seems to absorb some energy but isn't so cold sensitive. Memory foam works great for seat cushions because our body heat keeps it warm Not the same for headrests.

Chip Bearden