Old January 16th 05, 11:58 PM
Cockpit Colin

"BTIZ" wrote in message
news:fuxGd.1367$ry.1317@fed1read05...
what I fail to understand, is while he was still above tree top height..

he
did not do a 90 right into that golf course.. trees are more forgiving

than
concrete power poles..

I wondered the same thing - the other thing I found surprising is that this
was a fatal accident - from the point at which the aircraft hits the wire it
appears to come to a halt quickly and then drops vertically. Sure, nothing
I'd like to try in practice, but I didn't see anything that I would have
thought would have killed anyone, assuming they were belted in good and
tight.