Old January 17th 08, 10:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Mark Klebanoff

Default GNS430W software 3.0 upgrade

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 00:04:57 UTC, Dave Anderer
wrote:

In article nze6zYQT7gHB-pn2-8eWUNLD0oD6k@localhost,
"Mark Klebanoff" wrote:

I contacted Garmin tech support and they said they'd seen something
like this with the upgrade.

Anything more from Garmin on this? Any sense how widespread the problem
is?

I was planning to get this done soon, but...

I have not re-contacted them, but I think I can solve the problem by
continuing to adjust the contrast setting. I took it from 095 to 085.
The screen is still perfectly readable (in fact I can't see any
difference), but I think the burn in has gotten better. At least I
don't recall it being a problem the last time I flew, but I didn't
look closely.