Old September 3rd 16, 01:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default New Zealand soaring movie

On Sunday, September 4, 2016 at 12:20:00 AM UTC+12, waremark wrote:
The father Gain Wills runs Glide Omerama. Very sadly I believe the daughter Lucy is no longer alive.

Yes, Lucy died of cancer in 2004, aged just 28.

It does spoil enjoyment of the video for those of us in the NZ gliding family, so I wasn't planning to mention that. Of course it's also great that we have this memory of Lucy!

A lot of effort and expense went into making this video, which of course predates the modern very small and cheap and good video cameras with flash storage. It even predates DVDs as a consumer technology.