Old September 3rd 16, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

Default New Zealand soaring movie

On Sat, 03 Sep 2016 14:56:35 -0700, Bruce Hoult wrote:

Yes, the film was made over a number of flights, and certain things were
staged for dramatic effect. Shhh!

An excellent film.

I notice that some scenes were shot at the Southland Gliding Club but it
doesn't appear in the club list on Gliding NZ, so I assume its now an ex-
club. Do you know what its current name is or where its airfield used to
be?

I noticed a series of shots where Lucy's hat changed several times in the
course of a scene. Nice: it reminded me of "Plan Nine From Outer Space"
though of course Windborn's production values are somewhat better!

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK