Old December 27th 17, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Books?

On Wednesday, December 27, 2017 at 1:23:36 PM UTC-5, Entelin wrote:
It's winter here and I figure I should spend some of the time furthering my book knowledge of soaring. I fly XC and compete, but in hanggliders not sailplanes. I assume there are well regarded books from the sailplane perspective out there. I'm looking specifically for anything that gives me better insights on how weather patterns change over the day, planning long xc flights, reading clouds & micro-meteorology, competition, etc. I mostly fly in the flatlands.

Thanks!

Here are a few of my favorites:

“Advanced Soaring Made Easy” by Bernard Eckey
“Cross Country Soaring” by Helmut Reichman
“Competing In Gliders” by Leo and Ricky Brigliadori
“Meteorology For Glider Pilots” by C. E. Wallington