Old January 27th 06, 12:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default I Want a Mosquito.....

Well greeting folks.

Been a while since I made a post to the group so today is the day.

Was just watching Daily Planet a daily Canadian science news type show
and they were showing the Mosquito helicopter in action.

http://www.innovatortech.ca/

Flying all over a field with the greatest of ease.

Available as a kit (ultralight) for about 25 grand.

The segmant on this show detailed how an American company had seen
these advertised in a magazine and had contacted the Canadian owner to
offer a fiberglass shell to kinda pretty it up.

So a deal was struck and a weight of 63 pounds for the shell was agreed
on the and rest is history.

It sure looks sleek and sweet flying across that field.

The website shows one on floats..... Woo Hoo.

Wonder if they have a two seater in the offing.

Anybody ever seen one up close and personal.

Been in one - flew in one........ Own one.?????

As for an engine by the looks the main engine used is a
Compact Radial Engines MZ202 according to their website.

Looks like the site could use a bit of an update.

Mouse around it yourself and see what you think.

I realize it has been publicly demostrated at OSHKOSH etc.

Comments.