Old September 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Important message for SSA members

Jeremy Zawodny wrote:

[ Why it's not posted here is beyond me. Text below. ]

It was a test, Jeremy. I hear SSA is adding a new award category this
year: "Most Undeserving Member of the Year." And you just made it into
the finals along with Alan Gleason.

Next time you feel something is "beyond me," take some time (2-3
minutes?) to think it through. Perhaps there is a good reason.

I agree, this was bound to make it out into the public domain fairly
quickly. But this must set some kind of record.

Thanks to the SSA Board for timely disclosure to the members as well as
prompt and decisive action. It's a distressing story that raises some
difficult and embarrassing questions. But the approach taken this time
around offers more promise that this crisis will be professionally
managed and we members will get answers to those questions.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"