Old November 29th 07, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Steven P. McNicoll

Default Confusion

"Robert M. Gary" wrote in message
On Nov 28, 4:18 am, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

And if the tower respnds by telling you you're released? What do you do?

That's never happened.

It hasn't happened to you yet. What will you do when it does?

Any needed release should have been obtained during the taxi so that when
you are ready for takeoff you can be so cleared.

ATC seems to be able to secure the release during taxi at most 40% of
the time. Usually when you tell tower you are ready to go they tell
you that they are still waiting for your release from departure.

That's rather inefficient.

I believe the AIM uses "ready for departure".

Since that almost killed me once, I'm not going to do it again.

Please explain how reporting "ready for departure" almost killed you.