Old November 29th 07, 04:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Jon Woellhaf

Default Confusion

"Newps" wrote
You really have to see how a busy VFR tower works from the inside to see
how it's easy to lose an aircraft. At GFK every morning we'd have 25
aircraft on the taxiway, all ready to depart and more taxiing out. That
was the easy part, no arrivals. Now have the same number ready to go but
you have six airplanes doing touch and goes on your runway and six more
the other tower controller is working on his runway. Aircraft 3 miles
away needing to be sequenced into one of the patterns. Aircraft still on
the ground you pay little attention to as that's only a small fire.

I can't imagine how anyone can be a controller. I can barely keep track of
where one plane (me) is. Kudos to all of you!

Jon