Old March 13th 19, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Whisky

Default Cobra Trailer Emergency Brake Experience

Le mercredi 13 mars 2019 16:18:45 UTC+1, a écrit*:
“ but in contrary to the US we have engineers building them so that they drive well.”... Isn’t Fiat built in Europe? -

DC

Well... For me as a longtime Saab driver, a Fiat would never be a first choice ;-) but I would prefer it over any Chevy or its compatriotes anytime :-D

The bottom line is that US cars are designed for US street conditions and US driving habits, which are very different from the European conditions and habits. It just happens that for this reason, any mid-size car in Europe has no problem towing sailplane trailers - nobody here would actually think about which car to buy in order to trailer, even though we also may drive fast and across mountain ranges.

Bert TW