Old September 8th 09, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ZZ

Default Double Release Failure

It is likely that the probability of an ACTUAL double release failure on
tow is what ever positive number is closest to zero. Of course that
doesn't mean that Mr.Murphy can't serve one of these up.

I would be interested in hearing any accounts of actual, non-instructor
induced double release failures which required either a landing on tow
or purposely breaking he rope to end the problem.

I would also be interested in any opinions regarding practicing landing
on tow to prepare oneself for this unlikely event. (I know that this is
or was a required maneuver in some European countries...but is it worth
the risk?)

Paul
ZZ