Old September 8th 09, 10:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Double Release Failure

On 8 Sep, 09:45, Chris Rollings wrote:

So far as I know practicing landing on tow was never a requirement in any
European country, though I believe it was in Australia at one time.

I was told that it was a mandatory part of training in France, and we
certainly used to see it happen regularly at Le Blanc. However, I've
just checked my 1991/2 editions of "Manuel de Pilote Vol à Voile" and
"Réglementation de la Circulation Aérienne" (that's the official
French gliding manual and a summary of the relevant laws) and can see
no mention in either.

Ian