Old November 26th 03, 03:36 AM
Dan Thomas

"Dave Stadt" wrote in message y.com...

Didya ever check compression and forget to hold the prop? All kinds of
possibilities.

Let go on purpose a couple of times to show students what might
happen (making sure all were clear of the prop path, of course). Prop
spun through at least two revs, at alarming speed.

Have bashed my head on struts, trailing edges (a Glastar's
trailing edge is sharp enough to decapitate you, seems like), prop
tips (walking into them endwise when cruising through the hangar not
watching where I'm going), and a friend tripped on a 172 main gear
getting out of the airplane and fell onto the pavement and busted his
hip. Laid up for six months. Cut my hands on lockwire, nylon ties,
hose clamps. Burnt my fingers on hot exhausts. Opened up a finger real
good cutting exhaust pipe with a hacksaw when the saw broke through a
little sooner than expected. Finger got all infected and doesn't work
too well anymore.
Never been hurt flying an airplane.

Dan