Old November 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dave Butler[_1_]

Default Regs regarding "VFR flight following?" (also: "need to vent")

Andrew Gideon wrote:
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 13:51:54 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

I think Steven said it best (paraphrasing): don't ask, just tell them
you're terminating radar services.

Yes, but...

I was on flight following on Friday, and said I was going lower (as I was
approaching my destination). The controller suggested I delay my descent
for arrivals. I could have descended anyway, but what's the point of VFR
advisories if one ignores the advice?

I didn't say you shouldn't ever accept advice from controllers. I was
responding to a situation postulated by the OP.

DGB