Old April 7th 20, 03:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Oudie gear warning?

Be very careful with gear warnings that are integrated into a navigation suite. I have an S80. My behavior during approach to landings is to turn down the volume on my nav systems when entering the pattern to concentrate on my scans and listening to the radio. Turns out the volume for the gear warning gets shut down also.
Now I have an independant gear warning system. If anything, the gear warning volume needs to be THE LOUDEST SOUND IN THE COCKPIT.