Old March 8th 09, 06:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell

Default Older Cobra trailer brake oscillation

Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Mar 7, 7:30 pm, Brian Bange wrote:
I just towed my new (to me) Cobra for the first time and when I
brake even moderately, the tires lock up on the trailer, then let
go, then lock up in a repetitive cycle of about 3Hz. What do I
do?

Brian

Start by adjusting the brakes properly. Follow these well written
directions from Spindelberger...

http://www.cobratrailer.com/Bremsein...englisch_1.pdf

You don't say how old the trailer is and how many miles it has
traveled. It could be it needs more work in addition to this, but this
is the place to start.

When you break something Williams Soaring has lots of Cobra parts in
stock (there is a free plug in return for an excellent recent trailer
maintenance seminar).

And possibly, the gas spring in the tongue is shot. It's easy to check.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA

* "Transponders in Sailplanes" http://tinyurl.com/y739x4
* Sections on Mode S, TPAS, ADS-B, Flarm, more

* "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation" at www.motorglider.org