Old October 29th 03, 01:41 PM
Corky Scott

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 15:43:58 -0600, Barnyard BOb --
wrote:

The "wannabees, fruits, flakes and fringe folks" would include such
poseurs as Steve Wittman, Roger Mellema, Ray Geschwender, Bernie
Pietenpol, Ray Ward, Jerry Schweitzer and the Reverend Ron Van der
Camp. Some of the afore mentioned people designed auto conversions,
some designed entire airplanes, but all of the flew behind auto
conversions at one time or another. You might recognize a couple of
the names.

Corky (rolling my eyes) Scott

=====================================

Enough of your brand of distortion, Corky.
Cease twisting my words to your agenda.

Pardon? I twisted your words? See below.

I do not consider Steve Wittman, Roger Mellema,
Ray Geschwender, Bernie Pietenpol, Ray Ward,
Jerry Schweitzer and the Reverend Ron Van der
Camp in YOUR class of activity. FAR from it, sir.

Neither do I.

SO...quit flattering yourself right now !!!!!

Here are the words you typed, presumably you meant them: "The
wannabees, fruits, flakes and fringe folks deserve a shot at the
microphone.... but I'll not give them a free pass, even if it is
pointless."

What I pointed out is that better men that me (as you said and to
which I agree) have chosen to fly behind auto engine conversions,
none of whom were flakes or wannabees. What I'm doing is attempting
to follow in their footsteps. I take full responsibility for the path
I'm following.

I'm in the process of fabricating an engine test stand as you read
this. I fully intend to run the engine for many hours (with a prop
installed) prior to installing it in the engine compartment for good.

Corky Scott