Old March 16th 11, 04:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

Default ASW-12 Proto Question

On Mar 15, 8:12*pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
On 3/15/2011 7:21 PM, Jack wrote:

I also know from very, very reliable sources the story of how the
AS-12 came to be known as the AS-W12, and all subsequent Schleicher
designs have had a letter designation for the designer. Would you like
to hear the story?

Jack Gravance

I would, and I hope includes mention that some earlier gliders, like
Ka-6 and Ka-7, also had the "designer designator" in them.

email me)

All well documented in the book Rhon Adler.
check it out.
it was written to document the first 75 years of Schleicher.
Also Jan Scott sells a CD of the translation.
Dan
AS-W 20
WO