Old April 2nd 15, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Car/Truck to pull glider trailer

On Thursday, April 2, 2015 at 6:24:01 AM UTC-7, Greg Delp wrote:
Or if you have to get a new car almost all Subaru's newer body styles have grown larger over the last redesigns.

I'm looking for the same type of tow vehicle. The Subaru Impreza, CrossTrek, and Forester all use the same platform, with 1500 lb towing capacity stated in the manuals. Might be good enough for older standard class gliders and trailers, but modern non-SL single seaters in Cobras are (at least in my experience) 1700 to 1900 lb. Outback with the 2.5 engine has stated 2700 lb capacity, 3.6 engine 3000 lb.