Old July 28th 19, 03:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Bralla

Default Canadian pilot posts ILLEGAL flight into US on OLC

From some of the discussion here could I have just continued into Mexican airspace yesterday? I had 2 chances.
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7445891
A few years ago we had a pilot followed back to Warner Springs By the feds (don't remember who) for flying into Mexico. His data logger showed He didn't.
If you fly at Jacumba (see Soaring July 2019) the south end of the ridge is in Mexico so every ridge flight is international. Been there, done that, maybe.
I know someone who has been into Mexico legally after talking with ATC and some who have been way into Mexico not so legal. Is going into Mexico different than crossing the border north or southbound? Different with our current POTUS?
Steve