Old September 18th 03, 03:49 AM
Walt BJ

Info sounds odd to me. 7.5 G is a standard operating limit for USAF
fighters. The F16's 9G in non-standard. Both limits offer a 1.5 safety
factor. Again, standard. 3G limit for carrying bombs is awfully low.
We used 4G as a standard pull-out in the F4, 5g if we were pressing
for greater accuracy. I managed to pull 8 once in an extremity (we
were getting hosed) and nothing fell off. Continued with the mission
and the rest of the bombs came off as designed. As for the 15
sustaining 9G, I shouldn't wonder, considering the excess power the
aircraft has and also that no altitude was mentioned. I do know from
personal experience that at sea level the F104A and the F4 would
sustain 7G at 500KIAS as long as the fuel lasted (or the crew). The
F15 has a lot more excess power than either of those aircraft.
Walt BJ