Old September 18th 03, 04:59 AM
Guy Alcala

Walt BJ wrote:

Info sounds odd to me. 7.5 G is a standard operating limit for USAF
fighters. The F16's 9G in non-standard. Both limits offer a 1.5 safety
factor.

The F-15A/B had a +7.33G limit. The F-15C/D was given an overload warning
system that allows it to "maneuver safely to the 9G limit of the airframe
at all design gross weights", or so Dennis Jenkins writes in the Warbirds
Tech Manual for the F-15. At least some F-15As were modified to allow
them to do the same; ISTR this may have involved some minor airframe
strengthening.

Again, standard. 3G limit for carrying bombs is awfully low.
We used 4G as a standard pull-out in the F4, 5g if we were pressing
for greater accuracy.

ISTR that the F-15's MER-200s were designed for +7.33G max., while the
previous generation's (i.e. your F-4) were designed for 5G. I couldn't
say what the CFTs were rated at.

Guy