Old September 18th 03, 03:22 PM
Scott Ferrin

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:47:22 GMT, Ed Rasimus
wrote:

(Walt BJ) wrote:

We used 4G as a standard pull-out in the F4, 5g if we were pressing
for greater accuracy. I managed to pull 8 once in an extremity (we
were getting hosed) and nothing fell off.

Got this among a list of quotes from a reasonably erudite fighter
pilot:

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight
by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear
likely, there are no G-limits."

Makes a lot of sense to me.

REad of a Skyray pulling 12 Gs and wrinked the wing. Don't know if it
ever flew again. And also of a Tomcat that did a NEGATIVE 8+ (they
didn't have a choice). I think the Tomcat flew again.