Old November 27th 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default Helicopter trailer

Maxwell that is the first time I've heard that idea and it is sure going
into my stew pot. With the trailer length that I'm thinking about being as
long as the helicopter from tailboom to blade tip, it would have room for a
very long telescoping tongue.
Thanks...Stu
"Maxwell" wrote in message

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message news
On Sat, 24 Nov 2007 17:12:11 -0800, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Perhaps something akin to how off road cars/trucks are built, i.e. low
spring rates, high rates of damping.

I'm envisioning something using coil overs, but those tend to be
pretty long so the trailer might sit higher than you'd like.

Maybe use torsion bars instead of traditional springs? I know a lot
of race car trailers use this setup - as do we with our sims in a
trailer - with good result.

Perhaps the folks at Carson Trailer (They're in L.A.) can help with
some basics for a "roll your own" rig...

Maybe heavy trailer frame and light springs. Perhaps springs designed for
less weight, like a boat trailer. I have seen former boat trailers used to
haul ultralights with good results.

I always thought a boat trailer with a telescoping tongue might be good
for a rotor craft. Chock the wheels, pull a pin, and pull forward. You
could park your RV almost a full trailer length away, and never disconnect
the trailer.