Old December 2nd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default Spinner strobing as a "Bird Strike Countermeasure"

"Blueskies" wrote in
t:

"Jim Logajan" wrote in message
.. .
The following thread on the Van's Air Force web site was of general
enough interest that I thought it worthwhile to bring it to the
attention of other pilots:

http://www.vansairforce.com/communit...ad.php?t=24147

Would be quite useful if it really worked. Of course there would
still be strikes with inattentive and near-sighted birds. ;-)

I wonder about doing the candy stripe spiral on them, or painting the
blades different colors...

No, that woudl cause people to become hypnotised and walk into the prop.

Haven't you ever watched Batman?

Bertie