Old May 11th 05, 07:57 PM
Bill Hoadley

Ventus B drivers,
I've seen/heard of a few people using the 16.6 tips with winglets. I'd
be curious about how that system works, and who does the mod. Word on
the street is that above about 70kts, the 16.6 tips become drag
devices, hence the lack of use in the west. I've been in thermals with
Shawn near Salida that I thought would break my Sage (that needle kept
wrapping around), thus our enthusiasm for the 15m Ventus. Speaking
with folks at the 2005 convention, it seems like the Maughmer winglets
in 15m configuration is probably the best thing for a Ventus B (at
least in the west). I guess the 16.6 with some sort of winglet would
be good for weaker conditions. Hey, what about turbulator strips? I
took mine off. Any definitive word on that subject?
Bill H, 90 miles NE of Shawn