Old October 6th 03, 07:22 AM
Bill Padley

Hi there

FS2004 (as all previous incarnations) have been a good BASE for
working..2004 is a great improvement on previous , particularly weather and
graphics....as for flight models
It is the addons that make it....

For flight models , try Dreamfleets Archer , http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/
and Kangan's real air 172. http://www.realairsimulations.com/ ..both VERY
accurate models and panels
For IFR work , try Enrico Schirattis IFR panel...which can also be run on a
second machine....SUPERB..
http://www.projectmagenta.com/products/ifrpanel.html
I use this all the time to practice currency for IFR

Hope that helps..

Bill Padley
London

The good stuff IS there....you just need to find it
"Jerry Kurata" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 05 Oct 2003 20:50:35 -0700, Pau wrote:

I am just starting my Instrument rating,
and I believe that a good PC based flight simulator would
help shorten the learning curve.

What simulators would this group reccomend?

I have been pretty happy with Flight Simulator. I requires a much
faster scan than in most planes, but that is a good thing.

jerry