Old September 29th 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ray Andraka

Default Why is LOP (lean of peak) controversial?

Peter R. wrote:
" wrote:

If your CHT's are closer to 300 F than 400 F running those settings,
you've got one of the "cooler" installations that I've ever heard of...

The cylinders are new Superior Millennium cylinders with about 250 hours on
them, if that has anything to do with the cooler temperatures.

And yes, my engine's CHTs are normally below or around 300 and have never
approached 400, routinely. If you would like some verification of this, I
would be happy to upload my engine monitor data (from several months ago, I
have yet to download a current set), which is in the latest JPI format, to
a free host site for anyone's perusal.

Is your JPI set up for the correct probe type? Your CHTs sound awful low