Old July 5th 14, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Anyone have experience with SoarNV?

6X, which DPE did you fly with? Can you elaborate more about the instruction and checkride?

Perhaps the number of flights isn't a reasonable question.

Bill, I'm sure you are aware that there are quite an abundance of egotistical CFIG's in soaring who want to teach you "their way" before a sign off. This is not doing soaring any favors and is the reason myself and many others choose to go to an operation who will help them earn their rating.

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 5:12:21 AM UTC-7, 6X wrote:
I had an excellent experience with obtaining an add on rating with Soaring NV: instruction, equipment, access. They use a structured approach following the flight training manual published by their chief instructor Russell Holtz. http://www.gliderbooks.com/author.html