Old September 17th 16, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OUDIE

As I've said many times before, I love my Streak/XCSoar, but I have to
second the point about the 32-pin plug. My solution to that is to mount
the Streak or Oudie or Kobo, etc. on a stalk on the panel or canopy rail
and not remove the connector from the unit. Any connector that is
repeatedly removed/reconnected will eventually fail. I've even
considered epoxying the connector to the unit but not yet... Heck, I
just got a brand new Streak for $55...

On 9/17/2016 6:53 AM, HGXC wrote:
On Friday, September 16, 2016 at 11:00:14 AM UTC-4, Matt Johnston wrote:
Sorry to hijack slightly but to those of you who own an Oudie would
you recommend it? I'm looking to buy one early next year as I need a
navigation unit that I can easily transfer between gliders.

Yes I would. I have one and like it very much. Its provides me with all the info I need, allows me to customize my screen and is very durable.

I first tried the Dell streak/XC soar but the streak is very vulnerable to breaking with that crazy 32 pin plug right at your knee.

Dennis

--
Dan, 5J