Old February 10th 08, 10:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Why airplanes fly

wrote in
:

WEll, tomorrow I'm going to be in a significantly more sophisticated
syste

m *
than that for about four hours of sweat inducing BS and even they
don;'t feel right. At least with no feel you;re not getting the
notion that you'r

learning anything by feel.

Bertie

What kind of hoops do they make you jump through on those things?

What are they trying to assess? Systems knowledge? Procedures? CRM?

All of the above, really. We'll do a normal cockpit check and briefing. A
few ILS's with both engines and singe engine. Some V1 cuts ( engine
failures at or around V1 with at least one abandoned takeoff) Some system
failures. I think some electric system failure are on the agenda this time.
Weather problems. Circle to land approaches. The engine failures might
include some oddball things which they'll have us look at. for instance a
masive fuel leak brought on by the failure damage, or maybe just a wind-
down that requires an inflight start.
They're big on SOPs. Getting the mouth music right and knowing the numbers.

Bertie