Old April 6th 20, 12:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Sun, 5 Apr 2020 03:30:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Andreas,

Sorry, should have included the link.

https://www.ssa.org/files/member/Gui...ganizers. pdf

Cheers,
Rich

Thank you very much!

Moving all events ahead one year is the thing that is done all over
Europe, and I think it's a good idea. If other countriesfollowed,
things would stay synchronized at least (in Germany we have a two year
interval of major competitions which act as qualifications for WGC's
and EGC's).

I wasn't involved in the final decicion about the WGC, but in the
discussion leading to that decision one major point was that it
probably would be problematic to ship the gliders across the borders.

Stay safe!
Andreas