Old January 28th 12, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
T8

Default New Butterfly Vario

I think there are a lot of straw men being constructed here w.r.t.
contest rules.

The *only* times I have been the least bit concerned about getting
caught in cloud have been when I was deliberately "twisting the
dragon's tail". Can you honestly tell me differently?

Our current rules philosophy is that we do not encourage this sort of
thing in competition, witness recent revisions to finish height
rules. I... somewhat reluctantly... agree that this is probably best
for all concerned.

-Evan Ludeman / T8