Old July 1st 03, 07:28 PM
Jim Weir

Default Marine Radio using Aviation Antennae

Will it work? Probably.

Will it work well? That depends on what "well" means.

Will it work at peak efficiency. No.

In all probability, your reception will probably be acceptable. The transmitter
protection circuitry may (high probability) prevent you from getting any decent
transmitter range.

Jim

"Doug"

-I want to get a handheld marine radio for my amphib Husky. I wouild like to
-plug it in to my aviation outside antennae that I have installed for my
-aviation handheld. Will this work? Marine frequencies are
- a.. TX 156.025-157.425 MHz
- b.. RX 156.025-163.275 MHz
-(from the Icom web site).
-