Old November 25th 18, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Epoxy and Saran wrap question

On Friday, February 3, 1995 at 4:26:02 PM UTC-5, wohlsen wrote:
Thank you to all who responded to my previous query concerning foam core
construction.

I have heard that common epoxies used in composite construction do not adhere to
plastic films such as Saran wrap. Is this correct? If so is it feasible to
employ it as a release agent when building a thin wall, non-structural component
such as a cowling? That is, can I wrap a male plug made of styrofoam with
Saran wrap, lay on the epoxy and glass, smooth and fill to desired finish, and
then pull out the plug and add any internal bracing necessary to maintain its
shape?

Thanks for any comments.