Old July 10th 03, 02:38 PM

Jonathan Goodish wrote:
: I did not put a digital in because my mechanic at the time discouraged
: it. I now basically believe that he did that because he didn't want to
: do the extra work to put in the digital tach.

From what I understand, the digital tach is a very simple install.
It only needs power, ground, and P-leads from the ignition switch. Of
course it requires a 337 paperwork bu11$h!t, but since it's STC'd, even
that's not a big deal. My tach is about 100 RPM low (checked it myself
with a strobe tach), so I just take that into account when cruising. A
friend of mine told me once after I flew a cross-country flight and
guessed the fuel burn that I'm the only guy he knew who would be able to
tell the tach was off 100 RPM by the fuel required after the flight. It's
dead-on at 8.5 gal/hour on 180hp @ 65% (with tach correction factor).

-Cory
* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *