Old July 11th 05, 01:29 PM
Mark Newton

In article ,
"Bert Willing" wrote:

I have seen (from the ground) quite a couple of critical situations
resulting from fatigued weak link breakage, and I prefer to watch angle of
attack and speed, and pull the knob myself if necessary.

With all due respect, Bert, if a weak link breakage creates a "critical"
situation, then the pilot has a training issue which needs to be
resolved. Sounds like some cable break practice is in order.

A launch isn't supposed to be a hazardous maneuver. If there's -any-
stage during the launch where someone wouldn't be comfortable with
the cable breaking, they need to find an instructor and get some
remedial training.

- mark