Old September 26th 06, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
ktbr

Default 3-blade prop?

Dan Luke wrote:
Hartzell recommends replacing the lord mounts with this conversion,
according to one 210 owner who had it done.

What do the Piper owners say?

You definately need to plan on replacing the mounts. Lord makes
a mount specific to the McCauley 3 blade installation and I believe
that the installation kits include these new Lord mounts.

Having recently installed a McCauley 3 blade on my PA24-250 I
can tell you it is smoother and has less vibration than the old
two blade. The climb is much better...I have to literally stomp
on the brakes during run-up or it will drag me onto the runway.

My cruise performance actually increased from 155 to 160 Kts.
This is probably due to the new APP cowling (and full length
nose gear doors) installed at the same time. For my installation
the MaC 3 blade was really the least expensive choice as the
the Hartzell alternatives (to eliminate the AD my prop had)
were more expensive. Besides... look how many ADs Hartzell keeps
coming up with.