Old September 2nd 08, 04:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Auld Phart

Default Yenc decoder was "Ren Yenc"

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 08:23:07 +1000, "The Raven" wrote:

"Clive" wrote in message
Best bet is to use a dedicated newsreader, I use Xnews, it's free!
xnews.newsguy.com

So is OE and it's supplied with the majority of computers.

Dedicated newsreader - definitely NOT!
Free - questionable - supplied at no extra cost whether you want it or not when
you pay lots of money to M$.

About the one piece of pricing M$ got right - OE is priced at its real value.

I've never used OE for newsgroups, but this little prog is supposed to
make
it Y-happy.

OE is designed for newsgroups,

WRONG

it comes free with the computer,

WRONG - where exactly can I get OE for free ?

it's the defacto standard,

WRONG

it's been in use for over a decade,

POSSIBLY - can't be bothered to check

very few 'new' newsreaders offer significant improvement,

WRONG

Yenc has been around for years but the adoption rate is very low.

VERY WRONG

Five (possibly six) wrong out of six.

Next!