Old September 2nd 08, 04:33 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lee[_2_]

Default Yenc decoder was "Ren Yenc" - 1 attachment

"The Raven" wrote in
u:

"Clive" wrote in message
Best bet is to use a dedicated newsreader, I use Xnews, it's free!
xnews.newsguy.com

So is OE and it's supplied with the majority of computers.

I've never used OE for newsgroups, but this little prog is supposed
to make
it Y-happy.

OE is designed for newsgroups, it comes free with the computer, it's
the defacto standard, it's been in use for over a decade, very few
'new' newsreaders offer significant improvement, Yenc has been around
for years but the adoption rate is very low.

No, OE is ***NOT*** designed for newsgroups! In many ways is
antithetical regarding newsgroups.

It IS supplied in the majority of computers ONLY due to
MicroSoft's mercenary marketing tentacles.

IF YOU THINK THAT **ANYTHING** THAT "COMES WITH" YOUR IBM-CLONE
COMPUTER IS FREE, YOU NEED TO RETHINK MARKETING IN GENERAL.

And Yes, I know I'm shouting. There are NO FREE LUNCHES.

I've yet to have a single problem viewing any pictures WHATSOEVER
by simply thinking outside the MicroSoft box... and yes, I use
an IBM-clone... and Xnews ...and NewsGuy ...and broadband. But I
am NOT subservient to MicroSoft. It's my computer. Not Gate's.

------------------
Here's *my* funny sig from an ABPA thread on 08/16/08:
Alan Erskine says... "I've got an IQ of 151"
"I'm in the 99th percentile for my age group - that's the top 1 percent"
(nice math there, Einstein!) "I doubt very strongly that you know
anyone in my range of IQ" (Thankfully, NO!)
Lee discussing newsserver retention:
"...I can go back about 6 months..."
Alan Erskine interrupts with:
"Why should we wait for six months to download an image
that was posted yesterday?"

Oh, and say hello to the 45th President of the United States:

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Palin1984.jpg
Views:	33