Old December 7th 11, 11:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Elevator for Schweizer 2-22

On Dec 5, 8:29*am, Steve wrote:

Thanks for the info. I talked to Larry and he was very helpful. BTW,
Larry said the elevators are different between the two aircraft.
Apparently, some of the 2-33 elevators are weighted...

Interesting! I've been around 2-33s a lot, and I have never noticed a
difference in the elevator between older and newer ones. I know that
the 2-33 has an unbalanced rudder and the 2-33A has a mass balance at
the top of the rudder, but I'm pretty sure the elevators have all
looked the same. Maybe the weights they are talking about are inside
the fuselage.