Old September 8th 04, 03:58 PM
Paul Remde

Default Using a Pocket PC to download Themi flight logs

Hi,

I have just successfully tested using a Pocket PC for Themi flight log
downloads and task declarations. A utility called PocketDOS is used on the
Pocket PC to allow the Themi DOS utilities to run. The process is pretty
straightforward for an experienced Pocket PC and DOS person like myself (OK,
I admit I'm a techno-nerd - the first step is being able to admit it), but
it may not be easy for many people. I have documented the procedure
required as well as listed the required data cables. You can see details:
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/themi.htm

Note that this procedure would work with any DOS utility for connecting to
any GPS flight recorder. Cables for connecting a wide variety of GPS flight
recorders to a variety of Pocket PCs is available in my Cable and Cradle
Selection Guide found he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/godda...election_Guide

Good Soaring,
Paul E. Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com
3M, Airpath, Birecki Software, Cambridge Aero Instruments, Dittel, EMTAC,
Filser, flyWithCE, Garrecht (Volkslogger), Glide Navigator II, Goddard,
ILEC, Intercomp, LX Navigation, Power-Sonic, RAM, Rikaline, Scheffel
Automation (Themi), Schumacher, Schweizer, SeeYou & SeeYou Mobile, StrePla &
pocket*StrePla, Tasman, Transplant, United Instruments, Winter, Xenotronix