Old November 1st 04, 09:15 AM
Andrew Warbrick

kernel.dll has caused a general protection fault, please
wait while your instrument panel reboots, would you
like to send a fault report to Microsoft?

Spinning gyro's might be passe but they don't rely
on Bill Gates flaky operating systems. I personally
don't trust Billy Boy for final glide or navigation
(I have two backups for both) never mind saving my
neck descending through cloud.

At 21:12 29 October 2004, Bill Daniels wrote:

'nafod40' wrote in message
Bill Daniels wrote:

You can fly with just the turn needle and ASI if
you learn to control
airspeed trends.

I'm being flip here a little bit, but I wonder if
you couldn't
manufacture an 'emergency gyro' that would be spun
up like a top by
battery, and would spin for enough minutes to hold
an attitude. Clamp it
onto the dash and start descending.

Spinning gyros are passe.
Look at: http://www.pcflightsystems.com/egyro.html