Old June 18th 05, 02:15 PM
Brian Whatcott

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 08:07:11 -0400, Jack Davis
wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 03:25:15 GMT, Gord Beaman
wrote:

Jack Davis wrote:

Huh? I've not flown a jet with a "small fuel tank in the tail". Am I
missing something?

-Jack Davis
B737

Only on larger a/c Jack...747 have them (some at least). What I
find interesting is how few people seem to know much about them,
is it that they aren't used much now?...

I see. Obviously you can count me among the many who didn't have a
clue, and I used to fly 747s (-100 and -200).

Thanks!

-Jack Davis
B737

Hmmm...in case we dismiss Jack out of hand, better mention that
Concorde used tank redistribution of weight in flight and the KC135
which has been shunting fuel round the sky for a long, long time, can
place fuel between various tanks for CofG purposes.

Brian Whatcott