Old March 13th 04, 03:32 PM
F224

You should wear a helmet, but skip the ANR. I have David Clark ANR headsets in
my Stearman, and it wasen't worth the extra expense.

The Navy has stoped using ANR systems, seems the noise you don't hear still
damages your hearing. Guys who have used it are seing a 15-20% loss of hearing
over as little as six months. The helmet sellers at Sun-N-Fun I spoke with last
year were all talking about this and now refuse to sell ANR systems without a
release of liability. That should tell you something.

A bush in the hand is worth two at the bar.

Dave Funk