Old June 26th 17, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Letter to the FAA

A wee bit disingenuous there Walt. Here is the quote 'The odds are 50/50 of something bad happening on each launch. Either it will or it won’t!' Article goes on to list 41 possible tow emergencies, The Schweizer hook is not named and might be a complicating factor in one of the 41. Doesn't help your case. Now of course there is a way to eliminate all 41, stay home. But you don't want safety, personal or for everyone else. You want to get recess canceled because you got a wedgie on the playground.
On Sunday, June 25, 2017 at 8:43:09 PM UTC-4, Walt Connelly wrote:
Dan Marotta;949727 Wrote:
If it was really 50-50 nobody would be flying. Did that statistic come

from MSNBC or Johnny Depp?

Actually it was in an article from Tom Knauff called "Launching
Emergencies." I read everything I can find on the subject. I saw the
humor, the tongue in cheek of what he said, did you not?

http://www.eglider.org/NewsArticles/...mergencies.htm

Walt

--
Walt Connelly