Old March 6th 09, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara[_2_]

Default AR3201 Harness?

harness is very simple to make, just use good quality wire like the tefzel
and good solder technique, making a custom harness is actually better than
using a pre-assembled harness since you can make the cables more correct
length and fishing them through is far easier than fishing bundles with
connectors already in place. The wiring diagram for the Becker AR3201 as
well as many other types are all on my website page
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/useful.htm
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"noel.wade" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have an old Becker AR3201 that's working fine; but I managed to
slice a few of the wires in the harness while re-wiring my glider this
month (I decided it was time to get the rat's nest of PVC wire and old
tube-type fuses out of the cockpit). A blade-type fuse on the
battery, Anderson power-pole connectors, and a few circuit breakers
all connected with Tefzel wire make for a much cleaner setup!

Anyways - Since the model 3201 has been discontinued, I haven't been
able to find any source of pre-fab wiring harnesses (at least, not
online). I _could_ repair the harness myself with some careful
soldering, but a new harness would be a lot nicer (especially since I
have a gooseneck mic, a stick-mounted PTT switch, and the Becker audio
box mounted aft of the spar carrythrough area... so there are a lot of
wires to be hooked up properly and deliver a clean signal).

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks! Take care,

--Noel