Old May 24th 05, 09:18 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On 24 May 2005 10:51:42 -0700, wrote:

Ok, so say you are post-solo and approved to perform stalls OR you are
a private pilot.

Is it smart to go out and practice stalls on a normal basis? For
proficiency and for fun?

Or are stalls something you should only being doing for training?

I would like to hear from both pilots and instructors on your thinking
of this topic.

Also what percentage of you out there do practice them on your own?

Thanks

Reading between the lines, it sounds as if you are somewhat apprehensive of
performing stalls. Once you have had sufficient training in this area,
that apprehension should be gone (if it is not, then you have not had
sufficient training).

If that is the case I would recommend intensive practice with a competent
instructor to the point where you lose your fear and no longer feel the
need to even ask this question.

Stalls are a fairly simple maneuver and should not present a cause for
concern.